Cinnamon spiced carrot cake
Featured ID Flavor: Cinnabon®
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour 9-inch round (2 L) cake pan. Line bottom with parchment paper.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
Beat together sugar, eggs and oil until smooth. Beat in International Delight coffee enhancer Cinnabon flavour; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Stir in carrots.
Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes; remove from pan and peel off parchment paper. Let cool completely on rack.
Cream Cheese Icing: Beat together cream cheese, butter and International Delight coffee enhancer Cinnabon flavour until smooth; beat in icing sugar until smooth. Spread over sides and top of cake.
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) International Delight coffee enhancer Cinnabon flavour
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated carrots
Cream Cheese Icing:
- 1 pkg (250 g) brick-style cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) International Delight coffee enhancer Cinnabon flavour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) icing sugar